Vomper RD Capsules
Designed to give the best action against Stomach Reflux
Rabeprazole Sodium 20 mg (EC)
Domperidone 30 mg (SR)
Rabeprazole Sodium 20 MG in Vomper RD Capsules is a part of a family of drugs, called proton-pump inhibitors. This is a prodrug, which are absorbed from the small intestine, transported via the bloodstream to the gastric mucosa, and ultimately are secreted into the parietal cell secretory canaliculus. Key Points are:
- Designed to pass through the stomach unaltered and disintegrate in the intestines (Enteric Coated)
- It cannot inhibit the H+/K+ ATPase pumps found in lysosomes, a cellular organelle that degrades the biological molecules.
- The pKa (the pH at which 50% of the drug becomes positively charged) of rabeprazole is around 5.0, meaning that it doesn't take a lot of acid to activate
- The onset of action is faster.
- It also protects the esophagus from being damaged by the stomach acids and helps ulcers to heal.
Domperidone 30 Mg in Vomper-RD Capsules is a prokinetic which works on the upper digestive tract to increase the movement of the stomach and intestines, allowing the food to move more easily through the stomach. Retention of PPIs in the stomach for longer time due to dysmotility and delayed gastric emptying in patients with GERD may result in an impaired acid suppression. Therefore, their rapid transit to the upper intestine is beneficial. Key Points:
- Does not cross the blood–brain barrier and thus has a better safety profile
- No significant side effect on CNS
- Increases lower esophageal sphincter pressure
- Enhances esophageal peristalsis, gastric emptying, and bowel motility
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Non-erosive Reflux Disease (NERD)
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Duodenal and gastric ulcers
- Intractable nausea and vomiting
- 1 Capsule a Day or as Directed by the Doctor
- Take it one hour before the meal, preferably in the morning.
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
Warnings & Precautions:
- Avoid taking this medication if you are pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to get pregnant.
- Consult your doctor before taking this medicine, if you suffer from conditions like Lupus, liver diseases, allergies and blood disorders
- Not recommended for use in children, as there is no experience of its use in this group.
Constipation, headache, infection, sore throat, diarrhea, nausea, muscle weakness and a gassy stomach.
Anxiety, seizures, irregular heartbeat, severe diarrhea with bloody stools, muscle spasms, Vitamin B12 deficiency and an allergic reaction are rarely observed.