TRAVOTAK EYE DROPS
TRAVOTAK EYE DROPS
(Travoprost 0.004% with SOC)
The Controller of pressure when the rest fail…
Make your Patients Live Pressure Free and Darkness free…
Drain out the Excess with one Drops of Travotak Eye Drops Daily
TRAVOTAK (Travoprost Ophthalmic Solution IP) is a prostaglandin analog and works by increasing the outflow of aqueous fluid from the eyes. Treats high pressure inside the eye including glaucoma. It has a role as an anti-glaucoma drug, an antihypertensive agent, a prodrug, an ophthalmology drug and a prostaglandin receptor agonist.
Specifically it is used for open angle glaucoma when other agents are not sufficient.
TRAVOTAK (Travoprost Ophthalmic Solution IP) is a synthetic lipophilic isopropyl ester prodrug of the active compound travoprost free acid, a prostaglandin F2alpha analog with anti-glaucoma property. Upon administration, travoprost is hydrolysed to a free acid by corneal esterases, and then selectively stimulating the prostaglandin F (FP prostanoid) receptor, thereby increasing the uveoscleral outflow which leads to a reduction in intra-ocular pressure.
TRAVOTAK (Travoprost Ophthalmic Solution IP), a prostaglandin F2α analogue, is a highly selective full agonist which has a high affinity for the prostaglandin FP receptor, and facilitates reductions in intraocular pressure by increasing the outflow of aqueous humour via trabecular meshwork and uveoscleral pathways.
- Effects generally occur within two hours and maximum effect is reached after 12 hours.
- Travoprost is absorbed through the cornea, where it is hydrolysed to the free travoprost acid.
- Highest concentrations of the acid in the eye are reached one to two hours after application, and its half-life in the aqueous fluid is 1.5 hours
- Travoprost acid and its metabolites are mainly excreted via the kidney. with a terminal half-life of 45 minutes
- A well-received therapeutic agent with demonstrated efficacy and safety
- Significant lowering of intraocular pressure can be maintained for periods exceeding 24 hours with a single dose.
- Travoprost appears to lower IOP by facilitating aqueous outflow through both the uveoscleral outflow pathway and the trabecular outflow pathway
- Travoprost treatment leads to SC lumen expansion
TRAVOTAK (Travoprost Ophthalmic Solution IP) is indicated for the reduction of elevated intraocular pressure in patients with open angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
- The recommended dosage is one drop in the affected eye(s) once daily in the evening.
- TRAVOTAK (Travoprost Ophthalmic Solution IP) may be used concomitantly with other topical ophthalmic drug products to lower intraocular pressure. If more than one topical ophthalmic drug is being used, the drugs should be administered at least five (5) minutes apart.
- Post administration keep the eyelid closed, apply gentle pressure with a finger into the corner of the eye, for at least 1 minute.
- May cause changes to pigmented tissues.
- Changes in Vellus Hair and Eye Lashes in the treated eye (increase in Length, thickness and number)
- Should be used with caution in patients with active intraocular inflammation (e.g., uveitis) because the inflammation may be exacerbated.
- Is not been evaluated for the treatment of angleclosure, inflammatory or neovascular glaucoma.