TM Plus (Eye Drops)
“Effective Producer Of Pupil Dilation, Cycloplegia & Mydriasis For In Depth Study”
Tropicamide 0.8% w/v, Phenylephirine Hydrochloride 5.0% w/v, Chlorbutol 0.5% w/v (As Preservative), Sterile Aqueous Base q.s.
TM PLUS EYE DROPS contains Tropicamide, an anti-cholinergic class that are specialized in blocking the actions stimulated by Acetylcholine. The ciliary body in eyes contains muscarinic receptors in the parasympathetically innervated smooth muscle fibers that are regulated by acetylcholine causing the constriction of Iris Sphincter Muscles. TM Plus blocks the activation of muscarinic receptors by blocking acetylcholine in turn rendering the constriction of iris sphincter muscles and the ciliary body (responsible for accommodative power). Thus producing the condition of Pupil dilation, Cyclopelgia accompanying mydriasis.
Phenylephrine in TM Plus enhances the pupil dilation providing efficacy in examination or diagnostic use by blocking the activity of Iris spinster muscles and stimulating the Iris dilator muscles enabling the increase in Pupil Diameter
It can be used both for diagnostic and therapeutic purpose:
• Therapeutic purpose-Inflammatory conditions of the uveal tract.
• Diagnostic purpose-Retinal photography-Refractive errors-Fundus examination.
• Slit lamp examination.
• Pre-operative use - In order to undergo surgical procedure that requires the visualization of structures behind the iris, such as cataract extraction, vitrectomy and retinal detachment surgery, the pupil must be adequately dilated before surgery.
- Uveitis: Instill 1-2 drops in the affected eye(s) two times a day or as directed by the Eye Doctor
- Diagnostic purpose/Pre-operative purpose: 1-2 drops in the eye(s) 15-30 minutes prior to the procedure.
- Hypersensitivity towards any of the component in the ophthalmic solution.
- Contra-indicated in patients with Glaucoma
- Should be used with caution for patients suffering from Cardiac disease and Hypertension.
- Stinging sensation on instillation is observed
May cause conjunctivitis or redness, Change in vision, eye pain or irritation. If the symptoms persists discontinue the usage and contact the Eye Doctor.