GET CONTROL OVER PAIN AND SWELLING…..
Peptak Tablets are enteric coated containing a proteolytic enzyme (protease), Serratiopeptidase is also known as serrapeptase, produced by non-pathogenic enterobacterium Serratia sp. E-15. The beneficial role of serratiopeptidase and supplemental proteolytic enzymes in controlling inflammation and promoting timely healing is to hydrolyze, breakdown the various damaged protein molecules. In so doing, they restore blood circulation, clean-up the site (along with the white blood cells), and promote healing.
Mechanism of Action:
This anti-inflammatory proteolytic enzyme binds to the alpha-2-macroglobulin in the blood, which helps to mask its antigenicity. Then it is slowly transferred to the site of inflammation. Serratiopeptidase hydrolyze bradykinin, histamine, serotoxin responsible for oedema. It reduces swelling improves microcirculation and expectoration of sputum. Due to this action Serratiopeptidase has anti-inflammatory, antioedemic and fibrinolytic activity and act rapidly on localized inflammation.
Proteolytic Activity of PEPTAK 10 mg:
- Serrapeptase works best in breaking down cyclooxygenase, an enzyme responsible for producing different inflammatory molecules after injury or infection (e.g., interleukins, prostaglandins, and thromboxane)
Modulating Inflammatory Reaction:
- The process of inflammation can be acute and resolved within few days or can be chronic and leading to further degenerative diseases.
- Dead cells and tissues (cellular debris) cause inflammation by over stimulating the immune system. Serrapeptase promotes the breakdown of this debris and dilutes injury made fluids, which helps drain harmful substances from the inflammatory site.
- It also inactivates toxins that cause swelling and pain.
Absorption and Distribution:
- Orally administered and absorbed in Gastro Intestinal Tract
- Efficiently absorbed in the Blood Circulation and concentrates at the sight of action.
- Inflammation, Oedema, Trauma/Surgery, Injury, Arthritis
- Keep away from Light and Moisture. Temp should be below 300 C
Side Effects & Contra Indications:
- Hypersensitivity, Anorexia, Gastric discomfort, Nausea, Vomiting, Epistaxis, Diarrhoea, Skin rash.
- Contra Indicated in conditions of Hypersensitivity to this drug, Blood coagulation disorder & Pregnancy.
- 1 Tablet of Peptak 10mg for adult is 2-3 Times a Day or as directed by the Doctor.
- Not approved in Breast Feeding
- Interferes in Blood Clotting
- Use with caution if suffering from bleeding disorder
- Should not be prescribed to patients suffering from Kidney dysfunction, Liver Malfunction and geariatrics.