Olotak- KT (Eye Drops)
“THE TIME TESTED DUO… TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN INDIA”
KETOROLAC TROMETHAMINE 5%
OLOPATADINE HYDROCHLORIDE 0.1%
EFFICIENCY OF BOTH OLOPATADINE HCL AND KETOROLAC TROMETHAMINE
Olopatadine is used to sooth the irritation related with allergic conjunctivitis because of its following properties-:
- Anti histaminic- blocks the histamine enzyme resulting in a decreased permeability of vessel in turn preventing watery eyes and itching.
- Anti cholinergic- it helps in dilating the muscles of the eye by blocking the muscle receptors present in the eye.
- Mast cell stabilization- stabilizing the action of mast cells thus suppressing the symptoms associated with allergic conjunctivitis.
- Ketorolac tromethamine is a widely administered non steroid anti inflamtory drug.
- Along with anti-inflammatory property it persists analgesics as well as antipyretic properties that play a major role in minimizing the effect of inflammation (itching, redness, pain and swelling).
- It blocks the enzymes responsible for the inflammatory symptoms i.e. Cox-1 & cox-2.
- As analgesic and antipyretic it blocks the activity of prostaglandins produced from peripheral action.
Seasonal allergic conjunctivitis and perennial allergic conjunctivitis
ADULT- Take one drop four times a day.AS DIRECTED BY THE PHYSICIAN.
If irritation persists discontinue the usage and contact the physician.
For external use not for injection.
Discard the solution if becomes cloudy or changes color.
SIDE EFFECTS OF THE DRUG- Prolong use may cause headache, blurred vision, burning sensation