Moxitak (Eye Ointment)
UNIQUE AMONG THE REST ANTIBIOTICS PRESENT ..
Moxifloxacin hydrochloride BP eq. to moxifloxacin 0.5%, Paraffin Base
Mode of Action:
Moxitak constitutes 4th generation Fluoro-Quinolones, Moxifloxacin as an anti-bacterial agent. Floro-Quinolones exert their antibacterial effect by preventing bacterial DNA from unwinding and duplicating. Moxifloxacin hydrochloride is a synthetic 8-methoxyfluoroquinolone with a broad spectrum anti-bacterial effect on gram positive, gram negative and other anaerobic micro-organism.
It is “PRESERVATIVE FREE” providing freedom from hypersensitivity or allergic reactions associated with the preservatives. Well tolerated with minimal ocular side effects and provides increased penetration into ocular tissues and fluids with improved activity against Streptococci and Staphylococci species.
Bacterial Conjunctivitis (pink eye), Bacterial Corneal Ulcer Infection, caused by the following susceptible strains-
- Micrococcus luteus
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Staphylococcus epidermidis
- Staphylococcus haemolyticus
- Staphylococcus hominis
- Haemophilus parainfluenzae
- Staphylococcus warneri
- Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Streptococcus viridans group
- Acinetobacter Iwoffii
- Haemophilus influenzae
- Chlamydia trachomatis
Put 1 cm ribbon on affected eye (s) twice a day or as directed by your doctor.
Hypersensitivity towards any of the component in the solution.
- Growth of Resistant Organisms with Prolonged Use
- Avoidance of Contact Lens Wear
- if irritations persist, discontinue the use and consult the eye doctor.
- Nausea, Diarrhea, Dizziness, blurred vision that does not go away, burning, stinging, or itching of the eyes or eyelids.
- Ocular hyperemia, Ocular pain and Ocular pruritus