Dbiotic (Ear Drops)
Ofloxacin IP 0.3%, Beclomethasone Dipropionate 0.025%, Clotrimazole 1%, Lignocaine HcL 2%, Glycerine & Propylene Glycol (Base), Sterile Aqueous Vehicles q.s.
Most of the infections in the outer ear canal are either caused by Bacteria or Fungus. Dbiotic Ear Drops not only treat bacterial infections but also fungal with both Ofloxacin and Clotrimazole present in the ear solution along with steroid and anesthetic to relieve from pain and inflammatory symptoms caused by the invasion of bacteria or fungi.
Mode of Action:
OFLOXACIN is a synthetic antibiotic of the fluoroquinolone drug class considered to be a second-generation fluoroquinolone. Ofloxacin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that is active against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative aerobic bacteria. It functions by inhibiting DNA gyrase, a type II topoisomerase, and topoisomerase IV, which is an enzyme necessary to separate, replicated DNA and also help in its repair, thereby inhibiting bacterial cell division. Ofloxacin is preferred over amino glycosides due to least risk of ototoxicity.
CLOTRIMAZOLE in Dbiotic Ear drops binds to the cell wall of the fungal cell such as Candida, and alters its permeability by inhibiting the biosynthesis of ergosterol and other necessary sterols involved in the production of cell membrane. This makes the cell constituents to leak ultimately leading to fungal cell death.
BECLOMETASONE, a synthetic halogenated glucocorticoid with anti inflammatory and vasoconstrictive effects. The anti inflammatory actions of corticosteroids are thought to involve phospholipase A2 inhibitory proteins, lipocortins, which control the biosynthesis of potent mediators of inflammation such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. The result includes inhibition of leukocyte infiltration at the site of inflammation, interference in the function of mediators of inflammatory response, suppression of humoral immune responses, and reduction in edema or scar tissue.
LIGNOCAINE works as an anesthetic in Dbiotic Ear Drops and suppresses the sensitization of pain caused by the infection. It blocks fast voltage-gated Na+ channels in the cell membrane leading to the alteration of signal conduction and propagation failing to transmit signal of pain to the brain.
GYCERIEN& PROPYLENE GYCOL in the base work as a medium to for the components of Dbiotic Ear Drops to act. They not only moisturize but soften the region for better administration of the constituents
Treat infections and inflammation caused due by the susceptible strains in conditions of Otitis Externa, Chronic Otitis and Media Acute Otitis.
- Escherichia coli
- Enterobacter cloacae
- Haemophilus influenza
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Staphylococcus epidermidis
- Staphylococcus aureus
- C. albicans
- C. tropicalis
- Candida spp
- Instill two or three drops into the ear sac four times a day or as directed by your Doctor.
- Warm the Dbiotic Ear Drops vial, in your hands for a few minutes.
- Gently shake the
- Tilt your head to one side.
- Gently pull and hold your ear up and back. If you are putting ear drops in your child's ear, gently pull and hold his ear down and back.
- Gently squeeze the vial and instill 3-4 Drops into the affected ear.
- Press on your ear flap and keep your head tilted for several minutes.
Adverse Effect: Irritation , burning or stinging discomfort initially, nausea, vomiting or dizziness are rare undesired effects.
- Growth of Resistant Organisms with Prolonged Use
- if irritations persist, discontinue the use and consult your Doctor.
- Not for Ophthalmic Use.
- Do not swallow solution.
- If solution changes color or becomes cloudy, do not use.
- To avoid contamination, do not touch bottle tip on any surface and avoid direct contact with the eye.
- Close the bottle tightly immediately after use.